Saint Joseph’s Natalie Nevins’ penalty kick conversion in the 63rd minute helped the Hawks’ women’s soccer team earn a 1-1 tie with UMass on Thursday evening at Sweeney Field.
How It Happened
• After a scoreless first half, Massachusetts’ Lauren Bonavita broke the draw with a tally from inside the box at 52:15.
• Saint Joseph’s answered back just over 10 minutes later as the Minutewomen were whistled for a foul inside their own box.
• Nevins calmly took the penalty kick and deposited the ball into the left side of the goal to even the match at 1-1 at 62:25.
Inside The Boxscore
• In goal, Katie Cappelletti made a game-high three saves for the Hawks.
• Nevins’ goal was her team-leading third of the season.
• Jiselle Daniels led the Hawks with two shots.
The Hawks return to the road as they travel to Rhode Island for a 1 p.m. match with the Rams this Sunday.
Follow the Saint Joseph’s women’s soccer team on Instagram and Twitter and like the Hawks on Facebook.