Oregon State (16-5, 5-3) vs. California (11-11, 4-4)
March 27, 2022 • 12:00 p.m. PT • Berkeley, Calif. • Stu Gordon Stadium
TBA vs. LHP Ian May (1-0, 3.44)
Oregon State and California complete their three-game series Sunday at Stu Gordon Stadium in Berkeley. First pitch is slated for 12:05 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), KEX 1190-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the Varsity Network, which is available for users with smartphones and tablets. Download the free Varsity Network application for live games and archived broadcasts.
The game will be broadcast on Pac-12 Oregon. Roxy Bernstein will call the action.
Subscribers to the Pac-12 Networks can watch the game online at pac-12.com or by using the Pac-12 Now app on smartphones and tablets.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
California’s Dom Souto hit a walkoff home run in the ninth, erasing a late Oregon State comeback, to give the Golden Bears an 8-7 win Saturday afternoon at Stu Gordon Stadium. Souto hit the second pitch he saw from OSU reliever DJ Carpenter over the fence in left. That came after the Beavers scored six in the ninth to tie the game at seven. Down 7-1, the Beavers roared back with six in the ninth, led by Travis Bazzana’s third home run of the season. Jabin Trosky drove home another on a double and OSU plated two on a California error on a ground ball by Wade Meckler. The Beavers tied the game on a wild pitch.
Oregon State Notes
• Boyd stole his 13th base of the season in the fifth inning Friday. He is just two shy of becoming the first Beaver with 15 or more in a year since Nick Madrigal swiped 15 in 2018.
• Boyd has six stolen bases in his past five games.
• Oregon State hit the 200-run mark on Saturday, and enters the finale with 202. OSU is averaging 9.61 runs per game.
• The 2021 Beavers hit the 200-run mark in the 32nd game of the season, also against California.
• Travis Bazzana extended his hit streak to nine games. He singled to open the sixth and homered in the ninth. He has three home runs and 17 RBI during his hit streak.
• Bazzana’s two hits gave him 12 multi-hit efforts this season, most on the team. No Beaver had reached double digits through 21 games in 2021.
• Brady Kasper made his first start of the season. He batted in the seventh spot of the lineup at designated hitter. He became the 16th Beaver to start at least one game this season and the seventh at DH.
• Oregon State’s pitchers have issued just three walks over their last three games; one versus Seattle Wednesday and one in each game versus Cal.
• Oregon State has now allowed just four unearned runs this season. The Beavers have committed the Pac-12’s fewest errors with 10 after four on Saturday.
• OSU has 110 strikeouts to just 33 walks in 105 2/3 innings away from home this season.
• The Beavers, at 56, have given up the second-fewest walks in the Pac-12 this season.
• OSU has now scored in double figures in every inning this season.